UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:34 am Plus a copy and paste of mobile phone, 2G, 3G, 4G conspiracy claims. I also worry about the person who added LED lights into the mix. Presumably he doesn't go out in the dark and uses only candles at home.
In a previous life I've had to deal with these LED fruitloops.

LED objections come in two flavours. (1) They pump out high frequency rays to suppress the population (the fruitloops) and (2) the blue spectrum causes harm to eyesight and wildlife (environmentalists). There is some merit in the second, but it has been over exaggerated with most people citing a Public Health England document, without citing the later released clarification. Most modern installations are colour temperature balanced, but it would be too expensive to change the earlier installations until the bulbs need replacing, especially as long life was one of the selling points. In any case, the reduction in energy used, the reduction of light pollution and better night vision for drivers is far more beneficial than a minuscule theoretical problem.

I had them installed despite the objections. In fact I have one right outside my bedroom window and I ameliorate the effect by... drawing the curtains at night!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

Advantages of LED street lights - Cheaper to buy, much cheaper to run, better for the polar bears, last longer, give off better light, massive reduction in light pollution, sky not orange.

Disadvantages of LED street lights - Nutters on the internet.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I have a LED streetlight near my house, and if flickers for a couple of minutes as it warms up. I wonder if this has been tested on epiliptics.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Well, what a few weeks. 3 footler sections, with Ellis, Paterson and now King Wanoa all in custody of the men in white coats.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

aesmith wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:15 am
ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:34 amI also worry about the person who added LED lights into the mix.
To be fair those "daylight" LEDs are pretty horrible as external lights.
Early one were likely "cool white" which is bluer and colder than "warm white".
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:06 am
aesmith wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:15 amTo be fair those "daylight" LEDs are pretty horrible as external lights.
Not just early ones. I don't know why there's such a fashion for very cold light, it's actually worse for direct vision than a warmer colour, and definitely worse for your night vision for seeing outside the illuminated areas.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:25 am... In any case, the reduction in energy used, the reduction of light pollution and better night vision for drivers is far more beneficial than a minuscule theoretical problem
Too some extent LED bulbs have caused an increase in light pollution. I'm speaking about those installed by individuals, not public lighting, but with the coming of LED floodlights people fit brighter lights and don't care if they're left running all the time. Which reminds me I need to change the bulb in our hen food shed sometime before the nights start to draw in. Currently it's lit by a single 12W daylight bulb, I need to change that to two 6W warm white.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

longdog wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:02 am Advantages of LED street lights - Cheaper to buy, much cheaper to run, better for the polar bears, last longer, give off better light, massive reduction in light pollution, sky not orange.

Nutters on the innerwebs is just a given. They were always out there, they will always be here, they just have easier access to other like minded crazies now. Also makes them easier to track.

The coming consensus is that the blue light from some LED's and particularly from devices is/can be VERY bad for your eyesight, and your sleep and your sleep patterns. Some of it "may" have to do with personal differences. I happen to be of the really not liking the blue lights group in any context, they literally set me and my skin on edge.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

longdog wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:02 am Advantages of LED street lights - Cheaper to buy, much cheaper to run, better for the polar bears, last longer, give off better light, massive reduction in light pollution, sky not orange.

Another overlooked benefit is massive reduction in heat generation. I replaced 6400 odd Mercury-Vapor fixtures in a car plant, the utility supplier and a grant from the government paid the cost of the actual lights and the reduction in heat, combined with the reduction in energy usage, made it possible to air temper(not air conditioning but as close as you can do with a 60 year old building) a 2.3 million sq ft plant. When I was hired the summer in a plant was nothing short of hell, it was typically over 110 degrees and I remember a day where one section of the plant was over 135 degrees. Now, its about 70 degrees in most areas, as high as 80 in some, but nothing like the old days. The biggest concern is out water usage now, tempering uses water evaporation to cool the air. But the cost is actually lower and its a world different to work in.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
longdog

Post by longdog »

notorial dissent wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:48 pm I happen to be of the really not liking the blue lights group in any context, they literally set me and my skin on edge.
I'm the other way. 'Warm' daylight lamps always look half arsed, sickly and as if they are about to give up the ghost to me. Lower colour temperatures only have one use as far as I'm concerned... Flowering cannabis. Give me 6500 Kelvin or give me death.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

longdog wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:01 pmI'm the other way. 'Warm' daylight lamps always look half arsed, sickly and as if they are about to give up the ghost to me. Lower colour temperatures only have one use as far as I'm concerned... Flowering cannabis. Give me 6500 Kelvin or give me death.
I like cold white in kitchen, bathroom and workshop. Warm white in the other parts of the house and definitely for the outside lights. Home Bargains only offers 6500K or 2700K so it's one extreme or the other.

Doesn't Cannabis prefer something nearer to daylight? On the other hand, how can I put it ... someone I know .. did grow some under incandescent light many years ago, so maybe not. I'm sure the answer is on the Internet, purely for educational purposes of course.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

This is why I love Quatloos: an interesting and informative discussion about light bulbs can pop up.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I compromise on the cool white, warm white controversy. I have twin bulb fluorescent fixtures in the kitchen and basement. I put one warm white and one cool white in each fixture and they blend together quite nicely. A bit odd staring at the fixture but a minor price. We have a single bulb fluorescent in the bathroom and my wife always complains that it's either too white or two yellow when I have to change the bulb. But we get used to it, whichever it is.

My municipality led the charge at getting away from those repulsive sodium lights;
The city of Burnaby is celebrating the fact that it’s the first municipality in Metro Vancouver to convert all of its streetlights from high-pressure sodium bulbs to energy-efficient LED bulbs.

The city says the conversion, which was launched in 2015, has cut streetlight energy use by approximately 60 per cent, saving $750,000 a year in hydro costs.

Burnaby spent $4.5 million to switch out 11,600 streetlights. The city expects to recover the money within six years from lower utility bills and projects an additional $900,000 in maintenance savings over the next 20 years.

The lifespan of a LED bulb is approximately 20 years compared to four years for a high-pressure sodium bulb.
https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... reetlights

Having arrived at LED streetlights via sodium I think they look fine. If we'd switched to LED from incandescent I may have whined about the change from 'natural' to 'artificial' light.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
AnOwlCalledSage

Meanwhile, back to Neelu Dangleberry. This is her latest attempt to harass hospital staff. :naughty: This time in NZ. At 12.30am their time. (xRef: John Wanoa)

https://youtu.be/ChH3ALckHKM

She has also sent an email to every famous New Zealander apart from Peter Jackson, complaining that the King is not being treated for his 257/137 blood pressure and is instead being given the anti-psychosis drug olanzepine to execute him. Not withstanding that if his blood pressure was at that level he'd probably be dead (Edit: okay I realise that would actually be 0/0), one of the side effects of olanzepine is lowering blood pressure, so two birds with one stone as they say. :whistle:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

If someone who knew Neelu had an old Uncle who was, say, 122 years old, had had cancer since just after WWII, smoked all his life and has a touch of emphysema, was shot 14 times in a mugging on a vacation to New York in 1983 and was waiting on a kidney transplant, died peacefully in his sleep......Neelu would have 15 pages of all the conspiracies that took him, in the prime of his life.

Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

King is not being treated for his 257/137 blood pressure

of course not..........he exploded
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:34 pm ....complaining that the King is not being treated for his 257/137 blood pressure....
Bullshit. No one with those scores wouldn't get treatment of some sort to lower them. Staying that high will cause organ damage. What is causing it is presumably not mentioned by our struck off years ago pharmacist. He could be suffering any number of really dangerous issues like heart attack, stroke or he might just be ignoring his medication, which wouldn't surprise me and could be why he is in care. In other words, same issues as EWE - not taking medication because conspiracy theory.
Edit: anyone in a deadpool game would have all three of these jokers in their list for 2019 or 2020.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:14 pmEdit: anyone in a deadpool game would have all three of these jokers in their list for 2019 or 2020.
I have, but don't tell my bookmaker I am a GCHQ agent in the chemtrails and 5G covert operations division. :whistle:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:14 pm
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:34 pm ....complaining that the King is not being treated for his 257/137 blood pressure....
Bullshit. No one with those scores wouldn't get treatment of some sort to lower them. Staying that high will cause organ damage. What is causing it is presumably not mentioned by our struck off years ago pharmacist. He could be suffering any number of really dangerous issues like heart attack, stroke or he might just be ignoring his medication, which wouldn't surprise me and could be why he is in care. In other words, same issues as EWE - not taking medication because conspiracy theory.
Edit: anyone in a deadpool game would have all three of these jokers in their list for 2019 or 2020.
All joking aside, that's the kind of blood pressure you'd get from sharing a few lines of cocaine and speed with John Belushi and Jim Morrison.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

aesmith wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:45 am
ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:06 am
aesmith wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:15 amTo be fair those "daylight" LEDs are pretty horrible as external lights.
Not just early ones. I don't know why there's such a fashion for very cold light, it's actually worse for direct vision than a warmer colour, and definitely worse for your night vision for seeing outside the illuminated areas.
That's so true. Those very cold lights look horrible; it's akin to how the world looks when Frodo puts on the One Ring. Gahhh.