UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Princess Nelly says something at about 2 mins in this video about SB being charged with something though as has been pointed out to me one has to take anything Nelly says with a lorry load of salt.
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

SmcN a child rights activist and Wilf Wong a political prisoner... And Hitler was an orthodox rabbi famous for his humanitarianism.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

That's remarkable. She used "alleged Satanic cults". :snicker:

Sabine does not have an automatic right to be repatriated to Germany. There was mention that Germany were looking to intervene to get her sent back to serve the end of her sentence there and they have a looser regime in such matters so would probably be released earlier than if she finished her sentence in the UK. Sounds more like they got cold feet and have withdrawn their request rather than the UK is keeping her locked up for longer than her sentence. And even if that is not the case, it may also be inferred that she doesn't actually want to go back to Germany.

The Prison Service doesn't run a US style system where the BOP publishes release dates, but with time on remand and her GPS monitored bail she has less than a year until she would be released on licence anyway.

Neelu's intervention may actually harm her release. "Yes, my co-conspirator is completely unrepentant and still believes in the SRA nonsense that put her there" is probably not the ringing endorsement she thinks it is.

My understanding is that if Sabine has paid her UK NI contributions on her IT consultancy earnings, she is still entitled to her UK pension even if she is returned to Germany.

P.S. Neelu is not a qualified pharmacist.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:53 pm
Sabine does not have an automatic right to be repatriated to Germany. There was mention that Germany were looking to intervene to get her sent back to serve the end of her sentence there and they have a looser regime in such matters so would probably be released earlier than if she finished her sentence in the UK. Sounds more like they got cold feet and have withdrawn their request rather than the UK is keeping her locked up for longer than her sentence. And even if that is not the
I would have thought that not leaving the country without permission was one of the standard conditions of a licence. Particularly for somebody with dual citizenship.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:53 pm P.S. Neelu is not a qualified pharmacist.
And there’s the tragedy as she previously was just that. Until her professional body chucked her out and disqualified her from the role for conduct unbecoming. It’s not something you can achieve overnight, it’s a responsible job requiring dedication and years of study in order to qualify.

She is clearly an intelligent woman with a sharp brain, however I think she has become mentally ill, progressively so over the years, her all-consuming grievances gnawing away inside her. But I believe that she has been assessed at various times in her not infrequent brushes with authority where she was pronounced not sufficiently Radio Rental (“only one calorie, not mental enough” to paraphrase Mike Myers).

Or perfectly sane, depending how you spin things.

Maybe a spell with JP’s white-coated mates might actually assist her to finally deal with and address her problems.
longdog

Post by longdog »

HRH The Princess Nutbag of YouTube wrote:I only allow communication in writing or by letter
...she communicates onto voicemail :haha:

Followed shortly after by...
Friendly Female Robot wrote:You have reached the maximum length for voice messages. Goodbye
I'm pretty sure nobody is going to listen to more than the first minute, if that, before skipping to the next call.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Operator: hold on caller, I’ll just put you through to the hanging up department
AnOwlCalledSage

exiledscouser wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:43 pm And there’s the tragedy as she previously was just that. Until her professional body chucked her out and disqualified her from the role for conduct unbecoming. It’s not something you can achieve overnight, it’s a responsible job requiring dedication and years of study in order to qualify.

She is clearly an intelligent woman with a sharp brain, however I think she has become mentally ill, progressively so over the years, her all-consuming grievances gnawing away inside her.
A really good friend of mine was a pharmacist. (She worked at Boots in Piccadilly Circus where she told me most of the prescriptions were for methadone). She stopped to have a family and automatically her accreditation lapsed after a couple of years. Even if she hadn't been struck off, Neelu has not been a pharmacist for so long that she'd probably have to retake her initial degree to re-qualify.

She knows when to back off to avoid running foul of the law. She also engages real solicitors when faced with actual potential charges. It's her all-consuming grievances which is her problem. Personally I don't think she is mentally ill in the classical sense.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:06 pm Personally I don't think she is mentally ill in the classical sense.
I'm inclined to agree. Colloquially speaking she's as mad as cheese but medically speaking probably not. Some part of her mechanism is obviously on the blink but she comes across, once you have been following her antics for a while, as a bit bonkers but mostly just a highly unpleasant person.
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

To clarify a few things:

Ashok Mahajan was sentenced to an indefinite sentence for public protection (IPP), which had a very similar effect to a life sentence - you're incarcarated until the Parole Board deems you safe to release. According to his Crowd Funding page he was released in 2020. But he's liable to deportation as he's an Indian citizen.

On the £10,700 point, courts can impose bail subject to either a surety (like Assange) or a security, where the ££ is deposited with the court by the defendant and returned to them (with interest) at the end of the case if they surrender as ordered. So her husband might have been lodging a security on her behalf.

Equally, if she owed a fine and the court had issued a postponed commitment, the only way out of jail would be to pay up iin full.
AnOwlCalledSage

SpearGrass wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:50 pm Equally, if she owed a fine and the court had issued a postponed commitment, the only way out of jail would be to pay up iin full.
Her sister was definitely fined when she and her husband were found guilty of multiple breaches of HMO legislation. I suspect she was picked up for failure to pay (my understanding is that you are jointly liable and if her husband had done a moonlight flit and they caught her first she would have been wholly responsible for satisfying the court fine). Payment of the court fine in lieu of being brought up against the beak has been wrongly reported by Neelu as being bail.

This is also where the erroneous idea that Neelu was a "slumlord" originated. Neelu, as far as I know, has only ever owned Peel Drive (although I guess she could have owned property before she moved there) and has never been a landlord.
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

In crime defendants can be jointly or severally liable for the crime - so if they only catch one conspirator, that one can be charged - but there's no joint liability for a fine. If Mr was fined, it's Mr's fine. The only transfers possible are a child's fine to a parent, and it's not automatic.

However if the fine was being enforced by a distress warrant/warrant of control, the bailiffs would be carting off the contents of the family home, which would obviously impact on both parties to the marriage. We know that the Chaudhuri way with warrants of control is to leave them until the very last minute (e.g. when the car is being winched onto the lorry) and then stump up the ££.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

All of the above shows the quality of commentators and conversations on this site, a reminder that not all the internet is polluted by Trump or Covid conspiracies, aliens ate my hamster and other rubbish.

Except maybe cute kitty cat vids 🐈‍⬛ 🤗
longdog

Post by longdog »

exiledscouser wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:49 pm Except maybe cute kitty cat vids 🐈‍⬛ 🤗
Are you deliberately trying to provoke me into a row that'll get me chastised by the mods... Again.

Everybody (who counts) knows that puppy dogs are cute and kitty cats are just plain rubbish!
longdog

Post by longdog »

SpearGrass wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:41 am In crime defendants can be jointly or severally liable for the crime - so if they only catch one conspirator, that one can be charged - but there's no joint liability for a fine. If Mr was fined, it's Mr's fine.
No doubt true but there's the possibility that Mr and Mrs Sister had a rental empire as Neelu's Sister & Husband (Slum Landlords (Ilford) Holdings) Ltd and it was that entity that got fined. That would make sister and husband as directors jointly and severally liable for the fine wouldn't it?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Everybody (who counts) knows that puppy dogs are cute and kitty cats are just plain rubbish!
As someone who's transitioned from cats to dogs, I see where you're coming from. But to be fair, dogs have never been worshipped as part of the state religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3M9bp1n97w
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

longdog wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:13 pm Everybody (who counts) knows that puppy dogs are cute and kitty cats are just plain rubbish!
Hear, hear!
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

After numerous childhood episodes where a dog sat near a table, whining and begging, as I tried to eat, and ready to snatch an unguarded morsel if my attention was directed elsewhere, my early childhood preference for cats was confirmed. Yes, many cats can be aloof, such as my grandcat Hazel; but I've also known cats which were friendly and affectionate -- and never begged for food.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

And I've had cats that would rip your arm off if you did not share the bacon!!
My husband had to learn the very hard way why NOT to feed the cat from the table!
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:22 am Yes, many cats can be aloof..
I've shared my home with a Saluki for 17 years and they can knock any cat into a cocked hat when it comes to aloofness. It's much the same as the aloofness that makes people say you can't own a cat which is why I say share my home with her. When she first moved in thought she was either neurotic due to her previous neglect or thick. Over time I realised she was just a Saluki... Highly intelligent, affectionate to those she can be bothered with but not in the least bit interested in what I wanted unless it happened to coincide with what she wanted. Even thinking about training a Saluki is an exercise in futility and the best you can hope for is to persuade them not to do anything that will get themselves or somebody else killed.