Sherry Peel Jackson Makes a Bad Situation Much Worse

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Nikki

Re: Sherry Peel Jackson Makes a Bad Situation Much Worse

Post by Nikki »

You have paid for a short-term loan or insurance policy.

The money is gone.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:Sherry was already sentenced to the maximum possible sentence of four years.

I have a stupid question. If you give money to a bond company -- say $10,000 for a $100,000 bond) do you get it back at the end of the bond period when you turn yourself in, or is that money simply gone, kind of like an insurance premium.
According to my Plum novels and this Bail Bond FAQ, that's their fee for taking the chance and putting out $100k for you. Non-refundable.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

So all Sherry would be buying is a 30 day delay in the start of her sentence in exchange for $15,000. Ouch.
Demo.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Demosthenes wrote:Sherry was already sentenced to the maximum possible sentence of four years.

I have a stupid question. If you give money to a bond company -- say $10,000 for a $100,000 bond) do you get it back at the end of the bond period when you turn yourself in, or is that money simply gone, kind of like an insurance premium.
That's not a stupid question, I think a lot of people wonder about that. Money paid to a bondsman is gone. That bothers me, though, because innocent defendants are essentially paying a fine to a third party, for a crime they did not commit. There should therefore be a better system, in my opinion.

So Sherry got the max, eh? :thinking:
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Sherry's post conviction filings and threats to not appear in court pissed off the judge. He granted the government's motion for upward departure:

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/jackson74.pdf
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Demosthenes wrote:Sherry's post conviction filings and threats to not appear in court pissed off the judge. He granted the government's motion for upward departure:

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/jackson74.pdf

So where is the proof that he granted the upward departure? The link is just the memorandum in support of their motion for an upward departure. Did the judge actually grant it?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

2/14/2008 93 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Orinda D. Evans: Sentencing as to Sherry Peel Jackson. granting 74 Motion for Upward Departure; granting 76 Motion for Costs of Prosecution ; denying 79 Motion regarding 18 USC 4083; denying 86 Motion to Dismiss; denying 88 Motion for Downward Departure; denying 92 Motion to Dismiss. See J&C for full text of sentencing. Defendant is remanded into custody. The court sets a $100,000.00 corporate surety bond pending designation by the BOP only. (Court Reporter Andy Ashley.) (fmm) (Entered: 02/14/2008)

02/21/2008 96 JUDGMENT AND COMMITMENT as to Sherry Peel Jackson (1), Count(s) 1-4, CBOP 12 Months on Counts One through 4 to run consecutively; 1 Year Supervised Release on Counts One through 4 to run concurrently, with special and standard conditions of release; $100.00 Special Assessment. Court recommends that the BOP designate FCI Coleman, Florida, as place of service of sentence. Defendant is remanded to the custody of the USM. Signed by Judge Orinda D. Evans on 2/20/08. --Please refer to http://www.ca11.uscourts.gov to obtain an appeals jurisdiction checklist-- (fmm) (Entered: 02/22/2008)

02/27/2008 Exhibits (3 CD's; 4 VHS Tapes re: Motion for Upward Departure) as to Sherry Peel Jackson received from Courtroom Deputy and placed in Exhibit Room. (1 folder) (fmm) (Entered: 02/27/2008)
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Thanks! Maybe other TPs will think twice before filing post-trial BS.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Imalawman wrote:Maybe other TPs will think twice before filing post-trial BS.
Are you familiar with the fable of the scorpion and the frog?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

"I could not help myself. It is my nature."
tracer
Order of the Llama - Senior Division

Re: should have stuck with earthly counsel

Post by tracer »

UGA Lawdog wrote:"Godly counsel"? Don't tell me she's been talking to Togadude.
Considering that she's proceeding Pro Se (or "sui juris" as the TP crowd like to say), her "Godly counsel" probably refers to the voices in her own head.

Last I heard, though, "Jesus says I'm not guilty!" doesn't work as a legal defense.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

The Jesus defense is no good eh?

I need to get a new lawyer for my nephew for his possession of untaxed Brazil nuts charge.
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:The Jesus defense is no good eh?

I need to get a new lawyer for my nephew for his possession of untaxed Brazil nuts charge.
He should have smuggled them in as implants. Worked for the rest of your brethren.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Re: should have stuck with earthly counsel

Post by Dezcad »

tracer wrote: Last I heard, though, "Jesus says I'm not guilty!" doesn't work as a legal defense.
You have to get Jesus to testify (to overcome any hearsay objection) and then it will work.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Sherry thinks she should be released from the pokey pending appeal because she's going to win.

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/jackson98.pdf
Demo.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

"SHERRY PEEL JACKSON, Public Officer, Fiduciary, transferee of the United States federal corporation"?

She should try, "Hocus pocus alakazam". It'd probably work better.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

It seems that the outstanding action (incarceration order) pending against the accused (somehow, she overlooked the conviction) should be overturned or stayed because 26USC7203 is ambiguous or, in the alternative, because the government failed to prove that she, an experienced IRS agent, was aware of 26USC7203.

She should stop peddling her tax avoidance tips and her herbal cancer cures and just sell what she's been smoking.

BTW
26USC7203 wrote:Willful failure to file return, supply information, or pay tax
Any person required under this title to pay any estimated tax or tax, or required by this title or by regulations made under authority thereof to make a return, keep any records, or supply any information, who willfully fails to pay such estimated tax or tax, make such return, keep such records, or supply such information, at the time or times required by law or regulations, shall, in addition to other penalties provided by law, be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $25,000 ($100,000 in the case of a corporation), or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.

In the case of any person with respect to whom there is a failure to pay any estimated tax, this section shall not apply to such person with respect to such failure if there is no addition
to tax under section 6654 or 6655 with respect to such failure.

In the case of a willful violation of any provision of section 6050I, the first sentence of this section shall be applied by substituting "felony" for "misdemeanor" and "5 years" for "1 year".
is clearly ambiguous in that it fails to say This section specifically applies to Sherry Jackson
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

I think she should have called herself "Grand Poobah of the Known Universe". That way, the courts would finally understand just how important and powerful she really is. :roll:
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

Sherry Peel Jackson wrote:Whether Title 26, § 7203 is vague and ambiguous rendering it
unconstitutionally defective?
Boy, that's just begging for a witty turnaround from the judge.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Sherry Peel Jackson wrote: Whether Title 26, § 7203 is vague and ambiguous rendering it
unconstitutionally defective?
Maybe it is just me, but did Ms. Jackson slip up and acknowledge that there is a law for income taxes?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff