I think HArvester may have gone too far on this one

lorne

Re: I think HArvester may be right on this one

Post by lorne »

Cat, you generally don't use a sentence pause in your posts. You don't use the em-dash like Jay but you have used the ... in the past.
Famspear wrote:
My head hurts.
:?
You know all about head injuries, don't you Famspear? Yep.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: I think HArvester may have gone too far on this one

Post by Famspear »

lorne wrote:You know all about head injuries, don't you Famspear? Yep.
Oh, ho-ho, ha-ha. Lorne, uh, it would probably be best that you leave the Quatloos "humor" -- such as it is -- to the professionals.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

You know, on this side of the Pecos there is a fine for clown impersonation. :Axe:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Re: I think HArvester may be right on this one

Post by Imalawman »

lorne wrote:Cat, you generally don't use a sentence pause in your posts. You don't use the em-dash like Jay but you have used the ... in the past.
Famspear wrote:
My head hurts.
:?
You know all about head injuries, don't you Famspear? Yep.
And you been here just shy of two months. Forgive me if a completely dismiss your "analysis" of writing styles and what it might mean. You're an idiot.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:You know, on this side of the Pecos there is a fine for clown impersonation. :Axe:
You'd be hard put to get a jury to accept that he's acting.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Gregg wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:You know, on this side of the Pecos there is a fine for clown impersonation. :Axe:
You'd be hard put to get a jury to accept that he's acting.
Put me on that Jury!

Court: "Have you already made up your mind in this case?"

bmielke: "No Sir, I know he's guilty, I'm just not sure if he deserves the death penalty or just life in prison."

Court: "Take a seat son, you'll do fine."
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

bmielke wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:You'd be hard put to get a jury to accept that he's acting.
Put me on that Jury!

bmielke: "No Sir, I know he's guilty, I'm just not sure if he deserves the death penalty or just life in prison."

Here's a penalty that almost sinks to the level of "cruel and unusual" -- put lorne in a cell with Harvester and Van Pelt. :twisted:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Here's a penalty that almost sinks to the level of "cruel and unusual" -- put lorne in a cell with Harvester and Van Pelt. :twisted:
Are you kidding, that would be his idea of fun, not to mention they would come up with enough crap for an entire new generation of Sovruns.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

bmielke wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Are you kidding, that would be his idea of fun, not to mention they would come up with enough crap for an entire new generation of Sovruns.
I'm more expecting that they might drive themselves (certifiably) insane trying to outshine their cellmates in Wisdom and Erudition. Powerful egos at work, y'know.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
bmielke wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:
I'm more expecting that they might drive themselves (certifiably) insane trying to outshine their cellmates in Wisdom and Erudition. Powerful egos at work, y'know.
I have a theory, it mainly applies to Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens but it might work here. Large egos cannot be confined, when confined they will have a destructive release of energy. So it may end up taking part of a state, now while I wouldn't mind if it was an unimportant state like IL, HI, or CA, I would mind if it was TN. :twisted:
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

bmielke wrote:
I have a theory, it mainly applies to Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens but it might work here. Large egos cannot be confined, when confined they will have a destructive release of energy. So it may end up taking part of a state, now while I wouldn't mind if it was an unimportant state like IL, HI, or CA, I would mind if it was TN. :twisted:
Maybe we can build the prison out in the Aleutians, on one of the uninhabited islands....
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

bmielke wrote: bmielke: "No Sir, I know he's guilty, I'm just not sure if he deserves the death penalty or just life in prison."
Shoot, what's wrong with the old tar n' feather? Got the tar nice and boiling and all... :(
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Maybe we can build the prison out in the Aleutians, on one of the uninhabited islands....
That would destroy the hunting . . . wait a minute . . . hmmmm. :thinking:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Paul

Post by Paul »

unimportant state like IL, HI, or CA
Unimportant? UNIMPORTANT!?!?!? You're talking about the president's adopted state, the state where he grew up, and the only state he's going to carry in 2012!

So, ok, maybe you're right.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Maybe we can build the prison out in the Aleutians, on one of the uninhabited islands....
Any chance we could "encourage" them to escape to Russia?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Arthur Rubin wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:Maybe we can build the prison out in the Aleutians, on one of the uninhabited islands....
Any chance we could "encourage" them to escape to Russia?
Only if it's the part of Russia you can see from Sarah Palin's house.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
bmielke wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:You'd be hard put to get a jury to accept that he's acting.
Put me on that Jury!

That would be a bad idea as it would give them enough people to hold at least a mini-sovereign court.